Public house relief
In March 2017, the Government announced the introduction of a relief of up to £1000 to all occupied Public House properties with a Rateable Value of less than £100,000.
Properties that will benefit from this relief should be:
- Occupied hereditaments with a Rateable Value of less than £100,000
- Be open to the general public
- Allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- Allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- Permit drinks to be purchased at the bar, and
- State aid limits are not exceeded
This Public House Relief was originally only available for the 2017/2018 financial year, however, the government announced that the scheme would be extended for 2018/2019.
How to apply for Public House Relief
We have already issued application forms to these ratepayers that would qualify for this relief, and have awarded relief to those that have returned the application. This will be shown on your latest bill as “Public House Relief”.
However, if you consider that you should qualify for this relief, you'll need to download and complete the application form attached to this page and return it to the address stated on the form. Your application would need be considered.
It should be noted that in order to apply this relief for the 2017/2018 financial year the Council will need to have received your application by 30 September 2018. Any applications received after that date would only be considered for the 2018/2019 financial year.