Business Capital Grant Scheme
Grants of £1,000 - £5,000 (capped at £1,500 for start-up and new businesses).
50% match-funded by businesses.
Who can apply?
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Social enterprises
- Community interest companies (CICs)
- Tourism businesses - which qualify as SMEs
- Located in Shropshire and Herefordshire authority areas (excludes Telford and Wrekin)
Who is excluded from applying?
- Retail, including online retail (refer to the Market Towns Support link on the left of the page)
- Businesses offering services directly to consumers
- Land-based businesses - refer to DEFRA
- Businesses in the primary production of agricultural products as listed in Annex 1 of the EU Treaty
What can the fund be used for?
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of plant
- Office furniture
- Improvements to property
- Creation of guest accommodation
- Energy efficient/renewable energy heating, lighting and power systems
The document below, 'Snapshot of Projects already supported', gives details of the kind of projects already benefitting from the fund.
What can the fund NOT be used for?
- Replacement and upgrading of existing equipment - eg computers
- Vehicles that require a road fund licence
How do I apply?
Regular bidding rounds are held, with the next round closing on 22nd April 2013. Contact Shropshire Council on 01743 252596. You will be asked a few questions about eligibility before an application pack can be sent out.
The fund is open until December 2013.
The Shropshire & Herefordshire Business Enterprise Fund is a £1million fund secured from the European Rural Development Fund (ERDF) administered by Shropshire Council.
To assist individuals to start businesses, and encourage existing businesses to invest in projects that will result in increased profitability through efficiency savings and/or expansion and diversification of new products/services, into existing and new markets.
Help available to complete application details
The Business Support Officers are available to support you with completing your application, holding regular workshops which you can book onto, please see the link below.