Community Enablement Team
The Community Enablement Team works with and for people in local communities. Our role is to support people in communities to take control of their lives, and to live in a place where they feel happy and safe, and where they can feel a sense of pride and ownership. The approach recognises that there are a considerable number of ‘assets’ within a community: public and community buildings; land; public; voluntary and community organisations; finance; and people with skills and expertise. Working collaboratively and in partnership to maximise the use of these assets will lead to better outcomes for individuals and communities.
We do this by:
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with local Shropshire Council members, town and parish councils and local organisations and individuals to provide better outcomes in communities. We call this 'locality commissioning'
- Providing support to local joint committees to develop local priorities based on local need and community consultation
- Supporting town and parish councils and other partners in the development of their local plans, including place plans, town and parish plans etc
- Supporting communities to use the new community rights such as the Community Right to Challenge and Community Right to Bid, and by developing opportunities for community asset transfers
- Supporting the development and delivery of community-led projects that meet local priorities, including grant funding
For more information on how we can help your community to achieve its aspirations, please see our the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website.