Our customer service points are located across the county, and you can find your nearest point on the map below. Advisors are on hand to help you with a range of council services. We also have free-to-use public computers so that you can do business with us online and a freephone service that will get you through to our Customer Service Centre, which can deal with most enquiries. In order to keep services local to you we're working with town and parish councils and community organisations, which now operate some customer service points for us.
There are separate webpages for each of our customer service points, and these will tell you who operates the point. Please use the drop-down list below to find out information about your nearest point.
Customer service points provide:
- Access to council services and information with help available if you need it
- Free-to-use computers for council business and benefits issues
- Most have free-to-use phones linked to our contact centre and other services
- Some provide specialist advice sessions
- Some provide community information
Important customer information
We no longer accept cash or cheque payments for the following services:
- Council tax
- Business rates
- Housing rents
- Garage rents
- Sales ledger invoices
Anyone wishing to make payment by these methods will be able to do so at a local Paypoint office or we can help you to set up a direct debit payment instead.