You can access council services at this customer service point on the following days/times:
- Monday - Friday: 10am to 4pm
- Saturday: 10am to 1pm*
*Please note: on Saturdays there are no council staff available on site for face-to-face transactions. These will need to be done between Monday and Friday.
We’re working in partnership with Whitchurch Town Council, who cover the service centre on Saturdays. If you need to speak to someone at the council, you can contact our customer service centre by using the self-serve telephones in the customer service point between the hours listed above.
This service point provides information on council services (Mon-Fri), together with a wide range of community information. The library and civic centre have their own operating times. Take a look at the Whitchurch Library and Whitchurch Town Council websites to find out more. You won't be able to access council services outside the hours stated above.
We provide a variety of services, some of which you may prefer to access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use the public access computer in our customer service point. You can also report things to us and make payments for certain services. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to our office...
Take a look at our Get Involved website to have your say on current consultations.
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:
- Adult Social Care
- Business Rates
- Council Tax (Revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- Shropshire Council General Enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
you'll need to visit our office (Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm) for the following services:
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- Obtain a key to access a disabled toilet under the National Key Scheme where you meet the criteria (you may have heard them referred to as RADAR keys - bring proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- New concessionary travel applications (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- Obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
Please note, we do not stock caddy liners. You can buy caddy liners from local shops,or online - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
For Shropshire Council
0345 678 9000
Whitchurch Civic Centre