A new helpline which provides a single point of access to services and information to support a healthy lifestyle change.
The aim is to provide a single point of access for:
- The public – to receive information, advice and support to stay healthy and understand actions they can take to prevent disease
- Professionals – a central point of contact for signposting patients, clients and service users for health information, advice and support.
We offer personalised support that is provided taking into consideration factors affecting individual health and well-being (for example, unemployment and housing).
Key services include:
- Stop smoking services
- Alcohol services
- Healthy eating
- Weight management services, including Help2Slim and commercial providers
- Physical activity: Active4Health and local exercise provision and opportunities for physical activity
- Services to support wellbeing
- Local and national information and advice where access to a lifestyle risk management services may not be appropriate or required. This will include information regarding national information and advice websites or helplines. Examples include NHS Choices, Change4Life, Active Places.
You can call our helpline on 0345 678 9025. Alternatively you can take a look at the Healthy Shropshire website.