Church Stretton customer service point
We're working in partnership with Church Stretton Town Council and Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre so that our customers can access a range of council services. Both offices provide access to our customer service centre via a free-to-use phone link as well as a public computer for doing business with us online. Staff are on hand to provide assistance in getting online and using the 'warm' phone, so that customers can report issues, make payments or applications and access the services they need.
You can access Shropshire Council services at the town council or health and wellbeing centre customer service points as follows by using our free-to-use public PC or our freephone telephone:
- Town council: Monday to Friday: 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 4:30pm
- Health and wellbeing centre: Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm (service may not be available after 4pm)
You won't be able to access council services outside the hours stated above. If you need assistance using the public PC or the freephone telephone, staff from the town council or health and wellbeing centre will be able to help you.
We provide a variety of services, some of which you may prefer to access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use our public access computer. You can also report things and make payments to us for certain services. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to our office.
For enquiries regarding the following, please visit Church Stretton Town Council:
- Concessionary travel
- Planning enquiries
- Highways issues
- Missed collections
- Registrar appointments
For enquiries regarding the following, please visit Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre:
- Concessionary travel
- Blue badge
- Local Support and Prevention Fund applications / awards
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, take a look at our Get Involved website.
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel (if you haven’t recently moved address and you’re registered to pay council tax at your current address)
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:
- Adult social care
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- Shropshire Council general enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
Some applications require supporting documents, so you may need to see a specialist adviser via appointment. You'll need to see a specialist adviser if you want to:
- Apply for or renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- New concessionary travel applications (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- To obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
- Renew travel tokens
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Alternatively, you may prefer to visit your nearest alternative site, the Shrewsbury customer service point.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops or online - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
For Shropshire Council
0345 678 9000
For the town council
Church Stretton Town Council
60 High Street
Telephone: 01694 722113
For the health and wellbeing centre
Church Stretton Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Telephone: 01694 722077
- Website: www.mayfaircentre.org.uk