Cleobury customer service point
We're working in partnership with Cleobury Country Centre so that our customers can access a range of council services. The office provides access to our customer service centre via a free-to-use phone link as well as a public computer for doing business with us online. Staff from Cleobury Country Centre are on hand to provide assistance to customers in getting online and using the 'warm phone', so that customers can report issues, make payments or applications and access the services they need but please remember that they are not Shropshire Council staff and have no direct access to the Council’s systems or services.
Shropshire Council services
You can access Shropshire Council services at this customer service point during the hours above by using our free to use public PC or our freephone telephone. Please note that you won't be able to access council services outside of the hours stated above.
Please also be aware that Cleobury Country Centre has different opening hours. Take a look at their website to find out more.
Services where you will need to visit an alternative customer service point
Please note: some applications require supporting documents. If you want to:
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- Make a new concessionary travel application (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- Obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
- Bring evidence in to support your housing benefit or council tax support application
...you'll need to see a Shropshire Council adviser in order to process your request. Your nearest adviser is based at Ludlow customer service point.
You can access the following services using our phone or public PC at Cleobury Customer Service Point:
Shropshire Council provides a variety of services, some of which can be accessed access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use our public access computer. Did you know you can access certain services online? You can also report things and make payments to the council. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to one of our offices.
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, please use the following link: Get involved
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Get Involved
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel (if you haven’t recently moved address and you’re registered to pay council tax at your current address)
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
Here are some links where you can look for guidance on services:
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:
- Adult social care
- Blue badges
- Business rates
- Children's social care
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- General enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
For Shropshire Council
0345 678 9000
For the library / parish council
Cleobury Country Centre
Telephone: 01299 272301