Oswestry community hub
This customer service point will close at 3pm on Monday 19 February 2018
You can access Shropshire Council services at this customer service point as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 9:30am - 4:30pm
(may need to close for 30 mins to accommodate staff lunches)
Please note that there are no face to face advisors available on Saturdays. If you want to speak to someone at the council on a Saturday, you can contact our customer service centre by using the self-serve telephones at the customer service point between the hours of 9:30am and 1pm.
This service point provides information on council services (Mon-Fri), together with a wide range of community information.
The library has different opening hours. Take a look at their website to find out more.
We provide a variety of services, some of which you may prefer to access online. If you don’t have a computer at home, you can use our public access computer. You can also report things and make payments to us for certain services. Please use the following links to see what you can do online - you may save yourself a visit to our office.
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, take a look at our Get Involved website.
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the customer service point, including:
- Adult social care
- Blue badges
- Business rates
- Children's social care
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- General enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
Here are some services where you will need to visit our office (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm):
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- New concessionary travel applications (bring proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- To obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops or online - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.
0345 678 9000