Our online directory contains useful contacts for support groups, advice and information for people with a disability or for their carer where you can search for services in your local area.
You could also visit the AskSARA website which provides guided advice for daily living and helps you find products that make daily living easier.
Take a look at our "A guide to services for people with a physical disability" document of view our information sheet about Service Providers for People with a Physical Disabilty. Please also see links below to other pages and websites that you might find useful.
Alternatively we can put you in direct contact with services provided by other organisations such as:
- A4U (formerly known as Dial Shropshire) - who provide free confidential and impartial information, advice and advocacy on all aspects of disability (based at Frankwell, Shrewsbury)
- Independent Living Partnership (based at the Lantern Community Building see link below) and provides a range of services for both disabled and non-disabled people. Services include information and advice, equipment, assessment and training and offers prevention as well as immediate solutions
- PCAS – Peer Counselling and Advocacy Service
- VISS – Visual Language Interpreting Services in Shropshire (based at the Lantern, Shrewsbury)
- VTTS - Vision Technology and Training Shropshire - provide individually designed computer training courses for adults of all ages (no age limit!) with sensory and physical difficulties
If you would like to make an enquiry about the disability services available for yourself, for a friend or relative you can contact our First Point of Contact team on 0345 678 9044.