Council services during the snowy weather
Despite the heavy snow, we are very much still open for business. Please click to read more information on our services, school closures and how this may affect your waste collection.
Vision Technology and Training Shropshire
What services do we provide?
- Advice and support on all aspects of visual impairment
- Assessments to help visually impaired people regain their independence through the use of the right technology for them
- Demonstrations of specialist equipment and software in our purpose-designed technology suite. This includes computers with access software (magnification / screen readers), voice activation software, computers with easy-to-use menus, large keyboards and portable electronic magnifiers
- Training is individually designed to help people with visual impairments to regain their independence. Training sessions will last two hours on a weekly basis at a nominal cost. No experience is necessary
- Opportunities to use technology to communicate through email and the internet, or just to learn how to switch on a computer and use it as a tool to help read print, write letters or even pay bills and do shopping online
- Information on services and charities, both local and national, and the service they offer to support people with sight loss
- Transcription service into accessible formats – large print, Braille, audio CDs and digital formats. This is a confidential service for the council and other organisations
Who can contact us?
Anyone can contact us if they feel that they or someone they know would benefit from an assessment for ICT training, specialist equipment or to enquire about our services.
If you do feel that your eyesight isn't so good these days and that you're finding it difficult to read the newspaper or your post, or if you want to learn something different which can help you read books, write or take up a new hobby, but you're not sure where to start, then why not contact VTTS to find out more about the service we provide:
- Phone: 01743 257746
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The service covers the Shropshire Council area, and if you're unable to travel to our HQ at Helena Lane in Ludlow, where all our equipment is available for demonstration, in some cases we can offer home appointments. However, the range of equipment will be more limited, and the waiting time for an appointment will be longer.
In addition, on the first Thursday and third Wednesday of every month VTTS will be on the See and Hear van at the Outpatients Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, parked opposite the bus stop between 10am and 2pm. No appointment is necessary.
VTTS is a leading partner of See and Hear Shropshire which hosts an annual exhibition showcasing equipment for people with sight and / or hearing loss. The date for the 2018 exhibition will be published here when known.