Shropshire Council Emergency Planning Unit is responsible for ensuring that integrated plans for coping with emergencies and major incidents are coordinated, developed and tested by the relevant agencies including: police, ambulance, fire and rescue, and district & borough councils.
When a major incident occurs that is beyond the capacity of the emergency services to deal with unaided, the council's major incident response plans are put into action. These plans and procedures are designed to ensure that:
- Preparation and planning has been undertaken prior to any major incident
- The emergency services have the necessary support during the incident
- The return to normality is carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible
- There is a speedy response by all parties
- The necessary skills and resources are deployed
- There is a resumption of normal services
This is achieved through close coordination between the Emergency Planning Unit and agencies in plan preparation, staff training and in devising and running exercises designed to reinforce training and to validate agreed procedures.
Plans held by Shropshire Council Emergency Planning unit
- Shropshire Council Emergency Plan
- Major Accident Hazard Pipelines
- Multi Agency Flood Plan for Shropshire
- Emergency Mortuary Plan for the County of Shropshire
- Media Plan
- Rabies Contingency Plan
- Evacuation and Shelter Plan
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Plan - COMAH (statutory)
- Radiation Emergency Preparedness and Public Information Regulations Plan - REPPIR (statutory)
- Recovery Plan
- Humanitarian Assistance Centre's Plan
- Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin Silver Partnership Plan
The Emergency Planning Unit also holds national plans, procedures and schemes relating to a wide range of possible or potential incidents.
Please note that all Shropshire Council Emergency Plans are undergoing a review due to ongoing reorganisation. Where plans have not been published on this website, copies of all them can be requested by contacting the Emergency Planning Unit via the details on this page.