Beginning in 2010, Shropshire Council has organised and hosted a series of Rural Toolkit events as part of the overall Shropshire Toolkit. Phase 2 of the Rural Toolkit began in 2010, following a review of the pilot Rural Toolkit methodology and materials.
The Intelligence and Research team at Shropshire Council have been responsible for producing maps and collecting information for each of the areas taking part in Rural Toolkit Phase 2.
Phase 2 Events
The following areas in Shropshire have taken part in Phase 2 of the Rural Toolkit (information as of July 2012):
- 28 September 2010: Ruyton-XI-Towns Parish
- 18 January 2011: Wem Rural Parish
- 6 April 2011: Astley Parish
- 11 June 2011: Diddlebury Parish
- 29 June 2011: Selattyn
- 14 July 2011: Brown Clee Local Joint Committee
- 27 September 2011: Underdale, Monkmoor and Abbey
- 2 November 2011: Bomere Heath
- 22 November 2011: Burford and Tenbury Wells
- 2 February 2012: Whixall
Please use the links from this page to view or download community event materials. Please note that the materials for Rural Toolkit Phase 2 will be gradually being put online; please contact the Intelligence and Research team if the event materials you are interested in are not currently online.
Other Toolkit Events and Further Information
- The parishes that took part in the original pilot phase of the Rural Toolkit are referred to as Phase 1 Toolkit Events. For more information on these Toolkit Events, please follow the link entitled 'Shropshire Toolkit - materials'.
- Further information regarding the Market Towns Toolkit is available from the page entitled 'Shropshire Market Towns Toolkit - materials'.
- For more information about the Market Towns Revitalisation Programme, please select the link on this page entitled 'Supporting Shropshire's Market Towns'.
- For further information about the Shropshire Place Plans, please follow the link on this page entitled 'Shropshire Place Plans'.