LEADER programme funding
The LEADER Programme is a funding stream that was introduced at the start of 2016. It will bring a €2.54 million investment into southern Shropshire, with the overall purpose of improving the economic wellbeing of the area through sustainable development, drawing on the area’s environmental and cultural assets and qualities. Take a look at our FAQ page to find out more.
Round 5 has closed. The next round of funding will open on 1 February 2018. Expression of interest forms (EOIs) will need to be received by 9 March 2018.
If your EOI is deemed to be eligible and meets the local priorities of the Southern Shropshire LEADER Programme, you will be invited to the full application (FA) stage.
Please email the LEADER programme manager on SouthernShropshireLeader@shropshire.gov.uk to ascertain if the idea is suitable to make an application for LEADER funding. If the project is seen to meet the LEADER requirements, you'll be sent an EOI form to complete and return. More information can be found in the Southern Shropshire LEADER Handbook attached to this page.
What will LEADER fund?
It will fund farmers, growers, foresters, other local rural businesses and rural community organisations to help:
- create jobs
- develop and grow rural businesses
- support the rural economy
To be successful, applications must contribute to one or more of Defra’s six national priorities which are detailed below. Please choose the link below that best suits your project to discover more about the national and local priorities of the LEADER Programme:
- Priority 1 - support to increase farm productivity
- Priority 2 - support for micro and small businesses (non-agricultural) and farm diversification
- Priority 3 - support for rural tourism
- Priority 4 - provision of rural services
- Priority 5 - support for cultural and heritage activity
- Priority 6 - support for increasing forestry productivity
You can contact the LEADER programme by email at: SouthernShropshireLeader@shropshire.gov.uk