LEADER and the Local Development strategy
The funding will be delivering the Southern Shropshire LEADER Local Development Strategy, which seeks to:
- increase farm productivity in ways which enhance natural capital
- develop sustainable micro and small enterprises and farm diversification
- build rural tourism making the most of Shropshire’s assets
- improve rural services to support business growth and development
- enhance the natural, cultural and heritage attractions of the area
- increase woodland and forest productivity in ways which enhance natural capital
Much of southern Shropshire is designated as the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The programme will work to ensure that the funding supports and helps deliver the Shropshire Hills AONB Management Plan and respects the nature of this designation.
The delivery of the programme will be managed by us through the LEADER Local Action Group (LAG). The LAG is made up of representatives from organisations that represent the key industry sectors, business, community and voluntary interests and the public sector.
You can contact the LEADER programme by email at: SouthernShropshireLeader@shropshire.gov.uk