2019 budget consultation
- Period: 07 January 2019 - 18 February 2019
- Status: Open
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Budgets
- Type: Public
We've delivered savings of over £48m in the last three years to address reducing government funding for services, and an increase in core service costs such as adult social care and children’s social care. Whilst this has enabled us to deliver balanced budgets each year, further work is still needed to deliver more savings as government grants continue to reduce in future years.
Further cuts on existing budget areas are becoming more and more difficult, so we're looking at other ways to deliver a more sustainable funding position, including bringing in income.
We'd like council taxpayers' views on proposals being taken forward for the 2019/20 financial year, but first, before we dive into the detail, it's important that everyone understands some background information on the council’s financial position.
- Appendix 1 - 2019-20 Budget Build Up.pdf
- Appendix 2 - Adult Services Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 3 - Children's Services Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 4 - Place & Enterprise Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 5 - Public Health Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 6 - Corporate Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 7 - Finance, Governance and Assurance Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 8 - Legal & Democratic Savings 2019-20.pdf
- Appendix 9 - Workforce & Transformation Savings 2019-20.pdf
We want your help in confirming that our budget plans are appropriate in terms of the council tax rises proposed and the savings suggested.Have your say on our budget proposals... »
If you don't want to use the online submission option above, you can give us your views by email or letter:
Write to: Budget Consultation, Feedback and Insight Team 1L32, Shropshire Council, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY2 6ND
Your views will form part of a report which will be considered by full council when they discuss and agree on the final budget on Thursday 28 February 2019.