- Period: 03 November 2017 - 05 January 2018
- Status: Closed
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Leisure and culture
- Type: Public
- Do you work within the cultural sector in Shropshire*?
- Do you want to attract more investment?
- Do you want to encourage larger and new audiences?
- Do you want to develop sustainable partnerships?
If any of these appeal to you, we would love you to help develop a new Cultural Strategy for Shropshire.
* Including, for example, arts, sports, libraries, reading, museums, heritage, archaeology, archives, architecture, crafts, children’s play, parks, open spaces and green networks, countryside recreation, leisure, tourism, and the cultural and creative industries.
We want to support and strengthen our cultural sector in Shropshire and build for its long-term growth. We want to harness the power of culture and creativity to transform communities, support learning and well-being and drive our economy.
We know that we face some challenges including leadership, talent development, inclusion, innovation, infrastructure and investment.
Our new Cultural Strategy aims to address these opportunities and challenges.
A small group of representatives drawn from across the cultural sector has come together to oversee the development of a new strategy. This group has been discussing what culture means to Shropshire and has come up with some headline statements to help contextualise the development of a new Cultural Strategy. We would really value your feedback on these.
How to get involved
Please click on the 'How to get involved' tab and follow the link to complete the short survey.
The outcomes of the consultation will be carefully considered, and used to inform the development of a new Cultural Strategy for Shropshire.
Use the green button below to access a short online feedback form where you can share your comments on the cultural strategy for Shropshire.Go to the feedback form »