The School Games in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin
The School Games is a national approach to competitive school sport designed to motivate and enthuse all young people, who expect and deserve the best – this means an approach to competitive sport that is:
- Inclusive of all young people
- About personal best rather than simply ‘the’ best
- Well presented
- Offers a wide variety of sports
- Gives other opportunities for pupils to get involved through cultural activities, organisation, officiating and volunteering
The initiative is supported by the government Departments of Culture, Media and Sport, Health and Education, and funding from Sport England through the National Lottery.
It is designed to complement existing initiatives in schools, which encourage a wide range of young people to participate in sport, such as Change4Life sports clubs, funded by the Department of Health.
Schools Games organisers
- Chris Jew, east Shropshire
- Denise Lee, Shrewsbury
- Frankie Williams, Telford (Phoenix Partnership)
- Sally Harris, Telford (Madeley Partnership)
- Sue Wells and Ann Johnson, north Shropshire
- Kristien Wood, south Shropshire