Customer service standards
Shropshire Libraries provides an inclusive, responsive and accessible library and information service, meeting the needs and demands of Shropshire's communities, residents and visitors.
Services and facilities
- A range of services and facilities are provided to:
- support formal and informal learning for people of all ages and abilities
- provide a wide range of up to date and useful information
help with the development of healthy and inclusive local communities
- contribute to everyone's enjoyment and quality of life.
You can expect library staff to treat you equally, fairly and with courtesy, according to your individual needs. If you do not feel that you have been treated in this way please contact the Library Service Manager.
Customer Service Standards
The Customer Service Standards for the library service are:
- attractive, welcoming libraries in market towns and local communities around the county
- mobile libraries and other services for anyone who is unable to visit a local library
- opening hours to suit local needs, with evening and weekend opening at all libraries
- clear information about services and charges
- services for everyone, including children and young people, older people, disabled people and those from ethnic minority communities
- free membership, with as few rules as possible
- a wide range of up-to-date books, talking books, CDs, DVDs and other materials to borrow, which can be returned to any Shropshire library; at least 62,000 new books and other items added to library stock each year
- help and encouragement in enjoying books and reading, with support to more than 100 reading groups countywide
a fast request service for books and items you cannot find on library shelves; at least 60% of requested items to be available in 7 days
- help and support with learning activities, whether formal or informal
- free computer use, providing access to the internet and a wide range of online services in the library or at home 24 hours a day
- information of all kinds, up-to-date, in books and online
- help with local history and family history enquiries