Upcoming maintenance - Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 May
Essential maintenance will be carried out on our network in the early hours of Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 May. Please note, there may be short outages on some of our online services during this time
Libraries - Opening times over the Spring Bank Holiday
All libraries will be closed on Monday 28 May, except for Highley, which will be open 9am – 2pm. Mobile Libraries will not be in service.
Prices and PINS
Forgotten library PIN?
Pay a charge
You can settle all or part of your account by cash or cheque in any Shropshire library.
Check your account balance
To find out if you have an outstanding balance on your account simply log in using your 12 digit library card number and PIN.
|Audiobook||£1 (1 or 2 tapes)
£2.50 (On CD or 3 or more tapes)
|Language courses||£1 (1 or 2 tapes)
£2.50 (On CD or 3 or more tapes)
|Sets of vocal scores*||90p per score||N/A|
|Sets of play scripts*||90p per script||N/A|
|Orchestral sets*||£20 per set||N/A|
Books, audiobooks and language courses are issued for 3 weeks and DVDs and CDs for one week; or until next visit for mobile libraries.
* These charges apply to music and drama sets obtained from other authorities. There's no charge for the loan of sets from Shropshire Libraries stock.
Use of the library computers is free for up to 2 hours a day for members; guest users are charged £1.10 for up to 2 hours a day.
Printing and Photocopying
Please note, charges may vary where the printing/photocopying service is provided by a partner organisation.
Prices are per sheet:
Black and white A4 – 18p, A3 – 25p
Colour A4 – 40p, A3 – 65p
Books and maps
- 25p per day for standard members; maximum charge of £5 per book.
- No charge to concessionary members
- No charge to children on children's books
Music and drama sets
£20 for any set or part of a set returned to the library overdue. Remember, sets can be issued for an agreed period after the last performance to enable the copies to be collected together.
Other items (DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks, Language courses)
- Overdue charges for standard members are equivalent to the hire charge for the hire period or part of the period overdue. Maximum charge of £10 per item.
- Concessionary members are not charged for the first week that an audiobook is overdue; thereafter the charge is 25p per day.
- There is no charge for Children’s audiobooks.
70p. Free for music CDs or fiction in other languages.
- Free for children, full time students under 19 and concessionary members. Child-minders, home educators, foster carers, volunteer reading helpers, family learning tutors and early years childcare providers may request children’s books free of charge.
Requests; including periodical articles.
If a book or periodical article is not in stock and either out of print or not suitable to purchase for stock it will cost £6 to obtain it.
- If items are required in an alternative format by concessionary members there will be no charge. Please be aware that some formats may not be available.
There is a fixed annual fee of £42 for a reading group to reserve and borrow up to 12 sets of books for their group. The sets will be delivered to a library of choice.
Items lost while on loan are charged at the current cost of the item, plus binding if applicable, and an administrative charge of £1. For damaged items the charge is the cost of replacement or repair.
A replacement library membership card will be £1.30
- Charges are not made for items damaged while on loan to children under 5.
- Children in foster care or in the care of Shropshire Council are not charged for lost or damaged items
- Children with additional needs are not charged for lost or damaged items
Loss or damage to parts of music and drama sets; if parts are lost or damaged or if there's an unreasonable delay the borrower will be required to supply replacement copies and pay binding charges.