Follow the link on this page to login to the online renewals facility. You will need to enter your library card number and PIN. Carefully enter only the first 12 digits appearing on your card, including the DD. Do not enter the two separate check digits.
You may ask for any item to be renewed up to three times provided that it has not been requested by someone else and that it is not more than three weeks overdue.
How to apply for a renewal
In addition to the online renewals facility, renewals may be made by:
- personal application to a library, with the items
- personal application to a library, with the item numbers (from the barcode)
- telephone to a library during normal opening hours
- telephone using Callpoint, the 24 hours a day, 7 days a week automated service
- self-service at Cleobury Mortimer, Craven Arms, Ludlow, Market Drayton, Oswestry, Shrewsbury, and Wem libraries and at the Library at the Lantern (serving Sundorne and Harlescott).
Items returned late are subject to fines at the current rates.
Callpoint is a 24 hour automated telephone renewal facility. You may renew any item you have borrowed from the Shropshire Libraries using a touchtone telephone and your library borrower number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Simply follow the instructions given over the telephone. You will also be given information on what you have on loan.
Call 01743 252100
Customer Contact Centre
The Shropshire Council Customer Contact Centre can renew library items as well as provide information and advice on other council services. Call 0345 678 9034.
Conditions for renewals
Please note the following conditions:
- fines or hire charges will be added to your personal account
- items cannot be renewed more than three times or if reserved by another borrower
- if you record your PIN please keep it safe as you would with other secure numbers
- there may be times when this service will not be available due to technical reasons so please try again.
Obtaining a PIN
If you do not know your PIN, please follow the link on this page for further information.