Creative writing in the museum vaults
- Price: £60
- Venue: Ludlow Museum Resource Centre
- Audiences: Adults, Teenagers, Older people
A return to the vaults! This course is a sequel to the course run by poet and writer Jean Atkin in 2015.
Jean leads six new creative writing workshops to explore the catalogued, bottled, and taxidermied past, housed in the climate-controlled stores of Ludlow Museum Resource Centre. Each workshop will last two hours, and will include a tour of the stores. Course participants will have access to handling objects and time to gain inspiration from a fascinating collection of art works, costumes and specimens.
- Writing Visions: a tour of the fine arts store, which contains paintings, early photographs, vintage advertisements and posters rich with atmosphere and unfinished stories
- Clothing Ourselves: a tour of the costume store, a treasury of textiles, textures and hand-sewn skill
- The Deep Past: a tour of rare and marvellous geological and fossil specimens
Jean Atkin is a published poet and experienced workshop leader who tutors for Arvon and The Poetry School. She will provide a series of imaginative prompts and exercises to help you develop new work, and will also advise on editing and seeking publication.
£60 per person (includes refreshments)
Six Thursdays sessions - 8 February -15 March 2018
Ludlow Museum Resource Centre, 7-9 Park Way SY8 2PG