Decisions made by Central planning committee on 31 August 2017
The following decisions were made by Shropshire Council’s Central planning committee at its meeting at Shirehall, Shrewsbury on Thursday 31 August 2017.
- Shrewsbury College, Radbrook Road, Shrewsbury, Sy3 9BL (17/00823/COU) Change of use of land to form domestic curtilage land and formal public open space including the construction of a footpath. Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation subject to: the Conditions as set out in Appendix 1 of the report; and a S106 to secure a sum of £60,000 to contribute to the development of the existing infant and junior play areas in the locality.
- Land at 117-125 Wenlock Road, Shrewsbury (16/04590/FUL) Erection of 32 retirement living apartments including communal facilities, landscaping and car parking; formation of vehicular access following demolition of existing property (amended description). Decision: That consideration of the application be deferred to seek clarification on the figures in paragraph 5.6 of the report regarding the size of the plot and the threshold land value calculations.
- Former HMP Prison, The Dana, Shrewsbury (17/02809/OUT) Outline application for the redevelopment of the Dana into a mixed use development including converting the existing prison buildings (defined as use class C2a) into student accommodation (sui generis), residential dwellings (C3), A1/A3, B1/D1, D2 use along with significant landscaping works across the site (all matters reserved). Decision: That delegated authority be given to the Head of Planning Services to grant planning permission subject to: the Conditions as set out in Appendix 1 of the report; the rewording of Conditions 24, 25, 26, 29 & 31; an amendment to Condition 27; and an additional condition for the developer to provide electric vehicle charging points.
- Former Copthorne Barracks, Copthorne Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8LZ (16/04228/OUT) Outline application (including access) for residential development and associated open space for up to 228 dwellings (C3 use) (including up to 45 apartments for retirement living and the conversion of the Armoury (the ‘Keep’) to provide up to 9 residential apartments) with landscaping, layout, scale and appearance reserved for later approval. Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation subject to: the conditions as set out in Appendix 1; a S106 to secure affordable housing, the funding for the provision of a controlled pedestrian crossing on Copthorne Road, a financial primary and secondary education contribution, a financial contribution to be used for improvements to Frankwell County Ground for compensation for the loss of the playing field on site and a financial contribution for use at nearby recreational grounds to compensate for a reduced level of public open space on site; and the Reserved Matters Application to be considered by the Central planning committee.
- Radbrook Hall Court, Radbrook Road, Shrewsbury (16/04883/FUL) Erection of ten (1 block of 4 and 2 blocks of 3) dwellings; formation of estate road and parking areas (modification to approved scheme SA/06/0333/F) (Amended Description). Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation subject to: the Conditions as set out in Appendix 1 of the report; and an additional condition for the developer to provide electric vehicle charging points.
- Sunderton Farm, Uffington, Shrewsbury, SY4 4RR (17/02522/VAR) Variation of condition number 2 (approved plans) attached to planning application reference 16/04518/EIA dated 07/03/2017 to allow alterations to the layout of sheds 1 and 2 (amended description). Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation subject to the Conditions as set out in Appendix 1 of the report.
- Walnut Cottage, Nealors Lane, Shrewsbury, SY3 8NF (17/02950/VAR) Variation of Condition No. 2 (approved plans) pursuant to 14/01324/FUL to allow for an increase in height of approved extension. Decision: That planning permission be granted as per the officer’s recommendation subject to the Conditions as set out in Appendix 1 of the report.
- East of Terrace Farm, Cruckton, Shrewsbury (17/02233/FUL) Erection of an affordable dwelling, associated garage and installation of septic tank. Decision: That planning permission be refused as per the officer’s recommendation.
For further information relating to the decisions go to our online planning register and search for the application by using the reference number or keyword.