Shropshire Council submitted the Shropshire Core Strategy Development Plan Document (DPD) to the Secretary of State on 30 July 2010.
An independent examination has taken place to consider if the Core Strategy complies with the legal requirements and is ‘sound’.
Core Strategy - Submission
The Core Strategy sets the overall strategic vision for development in Shropshire up until 2026. This vision is supported by a set of strategic objectives and core policies which together will help achieve this vision.
The Core Strategy has been through several stages of public consultation prior to its submission. Follow the link to 'Core Strategy final plan' at the bottom of the page to view all of the documents produced at the previous consultation stages.
In February 2010 the public were asked to submit representation into the 'soundness' of the Final Plan publication version of the plan. In response to the representations made at the Final Plan publication stage a schedule of minor changes were proposed and submitted with the Final Plan.
What documents were submitted?
The following Core Documents (CD) were submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government:
- Core Strategy Final Plan Publication
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Consultation Statement
- Summary of Representations and Key Issues made on the Core Strategy Final Plan
- Schedule of proposed changes to the Core Strategy Final Plan
- Shropshire Regeneration Prospectus: Shropshire Council's Local Investment Plan and LDF Implementation Plan
Alongside these the following documents were also submitted to the Secretary of State:
- Copies of all the Representations made on the Core Strategy Final Plan
- Supporting evidence base documents
Where can these documents be viewed?
All the Core Strategy submission documents and the supporting evidence base documents, along with all of the representations made on the Core Strategy Final Plan are available for inspection at the receptions at the following council offices, within normal office hours:
- Bridgnorth: Westgate, Bridgnorth WV16 5AA
- Ludlow: Stone House, Corve Street, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1DG
- Oswestry: Castle View, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 1JR
- Shrewsbury: Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury SY2 6ND
- Shrewsbury: Guildhall, Frankwell Quay, Shrewsbury SY3 8HQ
- Wem: Edinburgh House, New Street, Wem, Shropshire SY4 5DB
They are also available to view at all Libraries and Customer First Points in Shropshire within normal opening hours.
The majority of the Core Documents, and the Soundness and Legal Compliance checklists completed during preparation of the Core Strategy, are available to view on this page.
Additionally, the following documents, or group of documents, were also submitted as Core Documents and can be found via the links included on this page:
- ShropsCD10 - Annual Monitoring Report 2009 (AMR)
- ShropsCD12 - Local Development Scheme (LDS)
- ShropsCD14 - Sustainable Community Strategy
- ShropsCD17 - Appropriate Assessment (Habitat Regulations Assessment)
- ShropsCD19 - Local Plans and Structure Plan
Copies of all the Representations and other comments made on the Core Strategy Final Plan have collectively been classified as ShropsCD11. These can be viewed by following the link to Core Strategy submission: representations and comments received at the bottom of the page.
Copies of all the supporting evidence base documents used in the preparation of the Core Strategy can be viewed by following the link to the Core Strategy Submission Evidence Base page.
Examination in Public
Inspector Stephen J Pratt BA(hons) MRTPI was appointed by the Secretary of State to conduct the Examination in Public (EiP). The inspector checked the council had prepared the Core Strategy in compliance with the legal requirements and considered whether the plan was ‘sound’.
Programme Officer, Julie Salter was appointed to coordinate and administer the Examination process. All correspondence and enquiries about the examination should be directed to her at:-
Tel: 01743 255664 (available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning).
Further information about the process, the timetable and further statements submitted are available via links at the bottom of this page.
Following the appointment of the Planning Inspector, Stephen J Pratt BA(hons) MRTPI, a pre-hearing meeting was held on Wednesday 29 September 2010 at The Lord Hill Hotel, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6AX.
The hearing sessions took place between the 16 November 2010 and 26 November 2010, at the Food Enterprise Centre, 5A Vanguard Way, Shrewsbury, SY1 3TG.
The sessions have now closed and the Inspector's Report has been published. Any queries in this connection should be directed to the Planning Policy team on 0345 678 9004 or email@example.com.