Road closure to carry out roadworks
If you would like to apply to close a road for the purpose of undertaken work on the highway, you will need to apply for permission. Closing a road without permission may result in criminal prosecution.Apply now »
Note: There are three embargo periods operated across Shropshire market towns during which time only emergency works are permitted. Dates fall as follows:
- Christmas - between the second Monday in November and the Monday following the first week in January
- Good Friday - for ten days (usually in March)
- Flower show – 1 week in August
How to apply
You can apply by:
- Completing the online form by clicking on the green button
- Completing and emailing us the downloadable application form attached to this page
The form should be completed by the applicant and forwarded to the council at least three months prior to the proposed closure date. Completion will provide most if not all of the information required to make a decision on the viability of the proposal.
- Closure by Temporary Notice £1,150
- Closure by Temporary Order £1600
- Extension to Temporary Notice £750
If you have any questions or queries relating to the form on this page, please contact us.