Local land charge searches
Buying land or property in Shropshire
When buying land or property, you or your solicitor will carry out a local land charges search. In Shropshire, this is submitted to our Land Charges Department. The highway-related questions are sent to Highways Development Control for completion. The Con29(R) form is completed by all relevant departments, and Land Charges collate the responses.
These are the topics addressed by the Con29(R) form:
- whether the property site is abutted by an adopted highway
- whether the property site is within 200 metres of a council road improvement scheme
- whether we have any traffic schemes near to the property site, ie are we intending to put double yellow lines outside the site?
These are the topics addressed by the Con29(O) form:
- whether there's a public right of way passing through the site or abutting
- whether the site is affected by a private body improvement
Take a look at the following questions and answers to find out more: