Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Who do I apply to?

Who do I apply to?

  • Applications for a place at an English state school must be made to your 'home' Local Authority, the one you pay your council tax to.
  • View contact details for neighbouring local authorities or visit the website for details on other local authorities.
  • If you're moving to Shropshire from another English local authority and want to apply for a Shropshire school, unless you have exchanged contracts on a house purchase or signed a rental agreement, your application will have to be submitted to the authority in which you currently live.
  • Local Authorities will liaise with each other regarding the application process.
  • If you are applying for a Shropshire school from either overseas, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland you may apply directly to Shropshire Council.
  • If you live in Powys or Wrexham, and wish to apply to a Shropshire secondary school, an application to your home authority or Shropshire will be acceptable.
  • If you live in Shropshire, and wish to apply to a Welsh primary school, you must make your application to the Welsh authority. 


School Admissions Team
0345 678 9008
Last updated: 30 August 2017 Print this page

Back to top