Who do I apply to?
- Applications for a place at an English state school must be made to your 'home' Local Authority, the one you pay your council tax to.
- View contact details for neighbouring local authorities or visit the Direct.gov website for details on other local authorities.
- If you're moving to Shropshire from another English local authority and want to apply for a Shropshire school, unless you have exchanged contracts on a house purchase or signed a rental agreement, your application will have to be submitted to the authority in which you currently live.
- Local Authorities will liaise with each other regarding the application process.
- If you are applying for a Shropshire school from either overseas, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland you may apply directly to Shropshire Council.
- If you live in Powys or Wrexham, and wish to apply to a Shropshire secondary school, an application to your home authority or Shropshire will be acceptable.
- If you live in Shropshire, and wish to apply to a Welsh primary school, you must make your application to the Welsh authority.
School Admissions Team
0345 678 9008