To lead a team effectively requires many different skills. Managers may not receive much training or coaching in how to succeed in their roles.
County Training offers a range of management programmes, including competency-based and bespoke packages to meet the needs of today’s managers.
These include short session on specific areas such as:
- Problem solving
- Team leading
- Motivating staff to perform
- Managing change
The next course we have available is in Mentoring on Tuesday 12 March 2013. This course covers a range of topics, including:
- Define the role of the mentor
- Identify the qualities of effective mentors
- Identify which mentoring skills you have and which you need to develop
- Understand the common pitfalls for mentoring
- Identify the qualities of a good listener
- Understand different learning styles
- Be able to develop an action plan using SMART targets
- To understand a disclosure/feedback model of self awareness
- Recognise and use effective feedback techniques
- Establish ground rules, record keeping, review the relationship
This course takes place at the Lantern in Shrewsbury and costs £75 per delegate. This is a half-day course, which runs from 9.30am – 12.30pm.
To find out more or to book your place, please call County Training on 01743 255191.
County Training also offers accredited qualifications, such as Management NVQ Level 2, 3, 5 and 7 qualifications accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.