The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre has rooms available for individuals, groups and businesses to hire. Our facilities really are something different - escape to the countryside to get more out of your meetings, hold your club gathering here and get the benefit of the cafe and meadows instead of just a room. Our modern, light and airy rooms can be complemented by tasty refreshments from the cafe.
The Education Room can accommodate 22 people boardroom style or 30 theatre style.
The Craft Room can accommodate 12 people boardroom style or 23 people café style.
The café/gallery are also available by special arrangement and can accommodate a total of 70 people cafe style. (Evenings only) If you want to make use of the meadows with marquees for an event this is also possible.
Room Hire charges
Half day: 9am - 1pm or 1pm - 4pm (winter) 5pm (summer) (or any part thereof) = £55
Full day: 9am - 4pm (winter) 5pm (summer) (or any part thereof) = £100
From 4pm (winter), 5pm (summer) - ask for price.
Discounts are available for charities and community groups who wish to use the centre but cannot afford the standard rate. Please contact us.
The cafe can cater for almost any taste, so if you have something particular in mind please ask us. Vegetarian food is included as standard on both buffet options. Other dietary requirements can be catered for.
- DIY Tea and coffee - ˝ day meeting £1.25 per head (includes boiler of hot water, coffee, decaf coffee, selection of teas)
- Tea and coffee - ˝ day meeting £2.00 per head (Includes one thermos pot of filter coffee, selection of teas, and decaf coffee)
- Tea and coffee - full day meeting £3.25 per head (Includes one thermos pot of filter coffee refilled for second half of the day, selection of teas, and decaf coffee)
- Biscuit selection: Homemade shortbread and flapjack 75p per head / service
- Buffet lunch £6.50 per head (A selection of sandwiches made with homemade fillings, mini sausage rolls, homemade quiche made with local cheese, a selection of homemade cakes, orange juice, tea and coffee)
- Buffet lunch with extras £7.50 per head (A selection of sandwiches made with homemade fillings, mini sausage rolls, homemade quiche made with local cheese, crisps, homemade coleslaw, salad,a selection of homemade cakes, orange juice, tea and coffee)
The following equipment is available at no extra cost when a room is hired subject to availability, but must be requested at time of booking: digital projector, projector screen and flipchart.
Hiring a Room
Please contact us via the details on this page or in person to check availability or to make a booking.
You are required to have public liability insurance of £5 million. Please enclose a copy of your insurance cover note when confirming your booking.
If you do not have the required insurance a surcharge of 12% will be added to the total cost of your booking, which will pay for your meeting to be covered by our insurance.