In Shropshire, we attend our livestock markets at Shrewsbury, Market Drayton, Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Bishop's Castle and Oswestry.
We also attend the Meadow Quality Centre at Ash, near Whitchurch.
We attend special collection centres for Bovine Tuberculosis Restricted herds, to help provide a much needed outlet for farms and businesses under livestock movement restrictions.
We also attend all of Sheopshire's Livestpck Shows, and attend on farm sales, and special pedigree sales.
We attend these Animal Gatherings to help ensure the highest possible standards of welfare for the animals while they are there, and to provide on the spot advice and help for our Agricultural Businesses, so that the Rural Economy benefits from being better informed.
- Bio-security is vital at markets to reduce the risk of the spread of disease
- We ensure that vehicles transporting animals are cleansed and disinfected at the market, or when they return to the farm
- We also help ensure that animals are fit to be transported
- We also help ensure that movement documents are correct and provide advice about this
- We also help ensure, together with livestock owners, that animals are correctly identified