To make a booking or for further information:
- By telephone: 01694 781307
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Wenlock Lodge, Acton Scott, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6QN
If you're considering staying overnight or attending the course as part of a longer break, a range of local accommodation is available, including farm bed and breakfast, hotels and guest houses.
For details please call Church Stretton Visitor Information Centre on 01694 723133 or visit the town’s website. A range of holiday cottages are also available on the Acton Scott Estate. For further information, visit the Estate's website.
Terms and conditions of booking
- All courses are non-residential
- All full day courses include lunch and refreshments. Please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking
- All courses are suitable for students aged 18 and over. Some courses are suitable for children aged 14 and over when accompanied, at all times, by a responsible adult. Please let us know if you are booking a place for an under 18
- On payment you'll receive booking confirmation via email
- A week before the course you'll receive an email containing details of what you'll need to wear/bring with you to the course. If you've booked it for someone else as a gift please ensure that they see this email
- Participants and visitors are asked to comply with any requests made to ensure their own safety and that of others visiting the farm. We reserve the right to remove you from the course should you not comply
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted on site
Changes to published course information
Details of courses are correct at the time of publication, but we reserve the right to make any necessary changes to the programme. Students will be notified in advance of any changes, wherever possible.
If a tutor is unable to attend we reserve the right to substitute a tutor of equal standing; participants will be notified where possible.
Acton Scott reserves the right to cancel a course if it doesn't reach minimum numbers.
Payment for courses
All course fees must be paid in full to secure a place at least two weeks before the start date of the course. Payment may be made by card, by cheque (made payable to Shropshire Council) or by cash if you're visiting the farm. Reserved places will be held for two weeks before they're sold on.
If you have to cancel your booking, please inform Acton Scott Historic Working Farm as soon as possible by telephone and confirm in writing or by email. If you cancel your booking more than four weeks before the course start date, 90% of the course fee will be refunded (10% of the course fee will be reserved to cover administrative costs). You may use your fee towards an alternative course. If you cancel your booking less than four weeks before the course start date, fees paid will not be refunded unless the course was full and your place can be resold.
You'll receive a full refund if a course is cancelled by us, or a course date has been rescheduled and you can't make the new date.
Accessibility and safety
Acton Scott Historic Working Farm is an outdoor site. Most areas are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware that the farm yard is cobbled and the ground often uneven. If you have any access concerns, please contact us. When booking please advise us of any medical conditions/allergies or special requirements that may affect you on the course.
Acton Scott cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to personal possessions during your time at the farm. Vehicles parked in the car park are done so at the owners risk. Dogs are not allowed on site.
Please be aware that Acton Scott is a working farm with uneven ground and free range animals, so sturdy footwear must be worn at all times.
When booking a Heavy Horse course the participants must provide their own safety (steel-capped) boots.