The BeActive scheme provides a concessionary rate which entitles eligible people to up to 50% discount on most activity sessions and courses, and programmed swimming lessons (excludes some courses, please see local leisure facility for more details). Concessionary rates are available to all qualifying people, regardless of whether they're Shropshire residents or not.
To be eligible, you must be:
- In receipt of job seekers allowance (income-based only)
- In receipt of income support
- In receipt of guaranteed pension credit
- Entitled to free school meals
- NHS tax-credit exempt
- In receipt of housing benefit
- In receipt of council tax benefit
- The spouse, partner and/or dependant children under the age of 18 years of a qualifying recipient
- In receipt of a war disablement pension
- In receipt of employment and support allowance - income-based only
- In receipt of severe disablement allowance
- In receipt of disability living allowance
- In receipt of injuries disablement benefit
- in receipt of attendance allowance
- In receipt of working tax credit which includes a disabled persons element
- 18 years and over in full-time education, or engaged in a formal trainee scheme
- In receipt of carers allowance
- A foster carer of 'looked-after' children
- 'Looked-after' children in Shropshire children's homes and independent registered children's care homes
Carers / helpers when accompanying a disabled concession holder will be admitted free of charge. You must bring along a current award letter even if you're applying for a renewal. If you're a foster carer and require a concessionary rate you must provide a Shropshire Children's Home letter, and provide a letter from the care home.
Concessions - applying to both peak and off-peak rates
We provide concessionary rates, which will entitle eligible people to up to a 50% discount on most activity sessions and courses, and programmed swimming lessons. This offer excludes some courses - please speak to your local leisure centre for more details.