Registering a birth
From Monday 8 June it will be possible to register the birth of your child in the Shropshire Council area. Appointments will be available at the Shropshire Register Office, Shirehall, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND. The other registration offices around the Shropshire Council area will remain closed for the time being. Appointments will be available on Mondays and Tuesdays in the first instance. When attending an appointment the following will apply, please read carefully:
- A maximum of two adults should attend an appointment. Please do not bring children or babies if at all possible.
- If the parents of the child were married to each other or in a civil partnership with each other when the child was born, only one of them needs to attend.
- Please do not arrive early – if you arrive early you should wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until the time of your appointment.
- Please do not arrive late – if you're any later than five minutes we won't be able to see you.
- Please do not attend the office if you or anyone in your household has Coronavirus symptoms.
- If you appear to have any symptoms when you arrive at the office you will not be seen and will have to book a fresh appointment.
- Please feel free to wear masks or face coverings.
- Contactless payments will be our preferred method of payment – no cash will be accepted.
- Public toilets will be unavailable.
- Parking is provided immediately outside the register office in Shrewsbury.