Redesign of the Shropshire Registration Service
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Portfolio Holder for Health and Wellbeing considered a report by the Registration Services Manager on the redesign of the Shropshire Registration Service.
i) That the Portfolio Holder for Health and Wellbeing accepts the revised proposal covered by Option 2 as follows:
That Church Stretton, Wem and Bishops Castle offices are replaced with an appointment only service to operate once a week and provide 4/5 appointment slots
That the opening hours of Ludlow Office are reduced from 20 per week to 16 hours per week.
That there are no increases to the opening hours at Oswestry, Market Drayton and Whitchurch.
That the opening hours at Shrewsbury and Bridgnorth remain unchanged
ii) That delegated authority is given to the Director of Public Health in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Health and Wellbeing to finalise the detail of these proposals and to deliver these recommendations.
Reasons for decision:
The proposal put forward at Option 2 (Revised), provides for the continuation of a local registration service, whilst meeting savings objectives and also delivers Shropshire Council’s statutory obligations in a way in which meets the needs of the residents of Shropshire.
Report author: Karen Burton
Publication date: 27/01/2016
Date of decision: 27/01/2016
Effective from: 04/02/2016
- 1 Redesign of the Shropshire Registration Service PDF 211 KB
- Appendix A Registrars Public Consultation PDF 252 KB
- App B ESIIA Registration Service -Church Stretton Signed PDF 357 KB
- App B ESIIA Registration Service -Church Stretton PDF 350 KB
- App B ESIIA Registration Service -Ludlow signed PDF 357 KB
- App B ESIIA Registration Service -Wem Signed PDF 359 KB
- App B Signed ESIIA registrars review of Bishops Castle service provision KBvfin 080116 PDF 357 KB
- Appendix C Registrars Public Consultation Response PDF 306 KB
- Appendix C a Registrars Consultation summary PDF 106 KB
- Appendix C. b. Registrars Consultation written responses PDF 169 KB