Renew my bus pass
How can I renew my older persons' bus pass?
If we're able to confirm your details from existing council records, your bus pass will be automatically renewed and your card should be received a month prior to expiry.
If it has already expired, please call 0345 678 9088 to arrange a renewal.
If your current bus pass is due to expire within the next month, this is an indication that we haven’t been able to renew automatically, so you'll need to apply for a new one.Apply online now... »
Alternatively, you can contact us on 0345 678 9088 to renew your pass.
How can I renew my disabled persons' bus pass?
To renew your disabled bus pass you must apply at one of our customer service points.
Please provide at least one of the following proofs of disability:
- Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as blind or partially sighted
- Provide suitable evidence from an eye specialist or optometrist
- Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as deaf with or without speech
- Provide suitable evidence from an aural specialist confirming your overall hearing level at 70 dBHL or higher
- Letter from an appropriate medical specialist advising you're without speech
- Current proof of receipt of disability living allowance with mobility at the higher rate
- Current proof of receipt of a score of eight points or more under the personal independence payment (PIP) activity 12 (moving around) or activity 7 (communicating verbally)
- Current proof of receipt of war pension mobility supplement
- Current proof of receipt of Armed Forces Compensation Scheme with tariffs 1-6 inclusive, or an award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
- Current proof of receipt of industrial injuries disability allowance or reduced earnings allowance
- Letter from the Department for Transport refusing or withdrawing your driving licence (unless due to drug or alcohol dependency)
- Letter from GP or medical consultant confirming that your medical condition / medication taken means that you would be refused a driving licence
- Production of a disabled persons parking badge (blue badge) issued by us
Please provide one of the following proofs of residence (place of residence must be clearly shown as Shropshire and be the most recent copy):
- Council tax bill or statement
- Utility bill
- Bank / credit card statement
Lost and stolen cards
Again, you can apply online to replace a lost or stolen card. A fee of £10 is payable for lost cards to cover the costs of issuing a new pass. Stolen cards will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police incident number.