Information for educational settings
Shropshire Council has been working closely with Telford and Wrekin Council, Public Health England (PHE), NHS England and local health and care partners, to prepare and respond to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
We are using this time to work with local partners to review business continuity and outbreak response plans should things change.
With the current government plans for a phased reopening of schools, please read:
- Our open letter to parents and carers
- The news item on our 'Schools and education' section for more details and FAQs
Previous statements and press releases
- 'Shropshire Council reaction to Government’s school closures announcement' statement on our Newsroom
- 'Coronavirus: school and childcare advice for parents and guardians' press release.
Links to official advice and support
The following links provide information and support for schools, colleges and other education
- NHS information on coronavirus - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Public Health England guidance for educational settings - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19