Resources for local communities
We already know that many local voluntary and community groups and individuals are mobilising themselves in an effort to provide help and support to others. As this is mostly uncharted territory, we have drafted a toolkit of templates that can hopefully be used and adapted to meet the needs of community groups.
- Community response - feedback form for volunteers
- Community response - flyer
- Community response - register for people receiving support
- Community response - register for volunteers
- Community response - risk assessment
- Community response - role outline
- Community response - roles and responsibilities
- Community response - useful contact information
- Community response - volunteer guidelines
- Community response - volunteer registration form
- Trading Standards coronavirus scams advice
- 'Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and advice for Shropshire communities' leaflet
COVID-19 Small grants programme
The council has made a total of £75,000 available to distribute in grant funding to community / VCS organisations running local initiatives to help with the COVID-19 response, and other funding pressures brought about by the pandemic at a local level. Find out more about the programme.
Looking Out For Each Other
This is a national campaign to support community groups to work safely.
Severn Trent Community Emergency Fund
Severn Trent has created a £1m emergency fund to help communities and charity groups affected by coronavirus outbreak.
Shropshire Rural Communities Charity Community Resilience Fund
Shropshire RCC has created a Community Resilience Fund which supports groups in the aftermath of a crisis, ensuring they are able to survive and continue to support their communities. Grants of up to £1,000 are currently available to small community and voluntary groups in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin financially impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and February 2020 floods. Further details can be viewed here.