Paying us for goods and services
Pay an invoice online
We've recently changed our website to make it easier for you to pay for council services. Paying us via our website is convenient for you and also enables us to save money on administration and bank charges. Simply click on the green button and choose the relevant service from the list on the left of the screen, quoting your 16 digit reference number (seven-digit account number followed by nine-digit invoice number).Make a payment now... »
Alternatively, you can pay your Shropshire Council invoice using one of the following methods:
By direct debit
A safe, quick and easy way to pay, with a full guarantee against errors. Compared to other payment methods, monthly direct debiting offers you the following advantages:
- Saves you time – no more cheques to write, no more queuing to pay!
- Saves you money – no more stamps to buy!
- Lower administration costs – by reducing handling costs you can ensure more of your money goes to frontline services!
- Gives you piece of mind – your bank/building society makes sure your bill is paid on time!
- Payment for someone else – eg an elderly relative
- Full guarantee against errors – see the direct debit guarantee
Setting up a direct debit to pay your invoice is simple - call us using the contact details on this page to request a direct debit instruction.
You'll be notified of the amounts to be debited at least 14 days before the first payment date. If you have any queries about the direct debit scheme, contact us on 0345 678 9000.
By phone with a debit or credit card
Just ring 0345 678 9000 when a payment is due. Please make sure you have your account number, invoice number and debit or credit card ready when calling.
Just call your bank and quote:
Account Name: SC Direct Credit Account
Bank: National Westminster Bank Plc
Sort Code: 55-50-05
Account Number: 55636551
You must quote your full invoice reference to enable us to identify you.
Post office / Paypoint
You can pay your invoice using the barcode printed on your invoice at:
- Any post office in the UK (cheque or cash)
- Any Paypoint outlet in the UK (cash only)
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 0345 678 9017