Pay your council tax
You can pay your council tax online. You will need your 13 digit reference number.Make a payment now »
Alternatively, you can pay your council tax by using one of the following methods.
By direct debit
Setting up a direct debit to pay your council tax in monthly instalments is simple. Apply online using the green button below (you’ll need your 13-digit council tax account number).Apply to pay your council tax online by direct debit... »
A safe, cost-effective easy way to pay. Compared to other payment methods, monthly direct debiting offers you the following advantages:
- Saves you time – the amount automatically changes each year without you having to do anything, and you'll be notified at least 14 days before the first payment date.
- Saves you money – no phone calls to make when payment is due.
- Lower administration costs – it's the cheapest way to administer payments.
- Gives you peace of mind – your bank/building society makes sure your bill is paid on time.
- Gives you a full guarantee against errors.
By phone with a debit or credit card (24 hours a day)
Simply ring 0345 678 9009 when a payment is due. Please make sure you have your 13-digit council tax account number and debit or credit card ready when calling.
Just call your bank and quote:
Account name: SC Council Tax
Bank: National Westminster Bank Plc
Address: Mardol Head, Shrewsbury
Sort Code: 55-50-05
Account Number: 55652387
Please quote your full council tax reference to enable us to identify you. This is a 13-digit reference starting with a "1", and can be found on your latest bill.
If you wish to pay by cash or cheque you'll need to make a payment at your local post office. You can also make cash payments only at a Paypoint outlet. In order to pay at a post office or Paypoint outlet you'll need to use a barcode. This can be found on the front of your council tax bill.
More information about paying at the post office or a Paypoint is available on the Allpay website.
Find your nearest Payzone point using their store locator.