Shropshire Wider Economic Recovery Grant
The scheme launched on Thursday 10 June 2021 and will remain open until Friday 18 June 2021 (4 pm). It is open to all enterprises in the Shropshire Council area that can show that their activity meets local economic need, and provides Shropshire-wide business outcomes that are sustainable and provide legacy, as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Grants of £10,000 to £25,000 one-off funding are available that can support immediate summer activity that can be easily identified, reported and monitored, and can show the impact this grant will make.
This can be through the provision of amenities that improve events, festival spaces and the local environment, or help footfall in business areas and towns by utilising the services on offer, such as delivery schemes, environmental initiatives and incentive schemes for the greater good of the local business community.
Would that business initiative you’ve been piloting or have launched over lockdown benefit from an immediate cash injection to advance its reach for the county’s business benefit? If so, and your business meets the following criteria you can apply now.
- The business is Shropshire-based and can evidence how the grant will improve the local economy and wider business community, and provide a benchmark measure.
- Only one grant can be accessed per organisation, multiple applications for differing activities that are still under the control of one organisation or Director in a related market are not eligible.
- Spend must have been incurred recently, since 1 April 2021 and / or will be committed before 31 July 2021.
- Evidence of spend (orders/invoices and /or receipts) must be provided as part of the grant process and must be dated on or before 30 June 2021 or is at risk of clawback from Shropshire Council, mirroring the government grant conditions that have been imposed.
- Quantifiable outcomes are required alongside a benchmark of current activity to show the difference the grant will make.
- Grant expenditure in all cases will need to be spent by the applicant by 31 July 2021.
- Evidence of the success of the grant using the benchmarks included within the application must be reported to Shropshire Council on a bi-monthly basis, starting from 31 July 2021 until March 2022.
- Grant has to be spent on goods and services to an external supplier and cannot be used for internal staffing costs of the business or business otherwise connected through ownership.
- Applications that also show what business investment has already been made or will be made in the delivery of the grant activity is encouraged so that the wider investment impact can be assessed (stated as match funding).
- All available information must be provided within the application form or sent straight after the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Given the tight deadlines assessors won’t be able to ask for additional information so the application will be assessed on the strength of the information made available at that time.
- The grant is in addition to any previous grant funding that has been awarded to the business through the various Covid-19 grant mechanisms, but subject to state-aid conditions.
How to apply for the grant
The scheme is only available for projects that can genuinely show they will have a direct positive impact on the wider economy and other businesses as per the criteria provided.
Upon submitting your application, you will be sent a confirmation email with a unique reference number. To complete your application, you need to reply to this email within 48 hours of applying and attach copies of:
- A recent bank statement for the account provided
- Any additional evidence outlining what you intend to spend the grant on, or copies of receipts or invoices for goods and services you have already spent
- Any other information that supports the assessment process that will be undertaken
It is in the interests of applicants to complete the form with as much detail as possible and provide all supporting evidence as the initial assessment will be based entirely on this information.
Unless you are contacted by a member of the Economic Growth Team who are administering and assessing this grant, there is no need to proactively contact us to get an update on your application.
If you meet the requirements, pleaseApply Now »