Wem customer service point
This customer service point is closed until further notice
You can access Shropshire Council services at this customer service point during the hours above by using our free-to-use public PC. This office also provides access to Shropshire Council’s customer service centre via a free-to-use phone link in the lobby area. Please note that you won't be able to access council services from this location outside of the hours stated above.
This office provides access to Shropshire Council’s customer service centre via a free-to-use phone link in the lobby area.
Services where you will need to visit an alternative customer service point
Please note: some applications require supporting documents. If you want to:
- Renew a disabled persons’ bus pass (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth, proof of your current address and proof of your disability)
- Make a new concessionary travel application (which needs proof of ID showing your date of birth and proof of your current address)
- Obtain a parking permit (bring proof of residency)
- Bring evidence in to support your housing benefit or council tax support application
...you'll need to see a Shropshire Council adviser in order to process your request. Your nearest adviser is based at Shrewsbury Community Hub.
Did you know you can access certain services online? You can also report things and make payments to the council. Please use the following links to see what you can do online.
If you want to see what open consultations we have and add your comments, please use the following link: Get involved
Examples of what you can access online include:
- Get Involved
- Blue badge applications
- Applying for concessionary travel (if you haven’t recently moved address and you’re registered to pay council tax at your current address)
- Making bookings for registrar appointments
- Reporting highways issue and faults
Here are some links where you can look for guidance on services:
- Council tax and housing benefit applications
- Housing Options Team for homelessness queries
- Reporting missed waste collections
- Issuing and renewing parking permits
You'll be able to access other services via a free telephone link in the lobby area, including:
- Adult social care
- Blue badges
- Business rates
- Children's social care
- Council tax (revenues)
- Housing Options
- Just Credit Union
- Housing benefit and council tax support
- Local Support and Prevention Fund
- General enquiries
- Shropshire Homepoint
We no longer hold radar keys, which allow access to disabled public toilets. These are available to order from the Radar Keys website.
Please note that we don't stock caddy liners. You can buy them from local shops - look out for the compostable symbol so you know you have the right type.