Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Suicide Prevention Strategy
The Shropshire Suicide Prevention Action Group has been established as part of the action plan in the Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Suicide Prevention Strategy. It is made up of representatives from across the public, voluntary & community, and private sector who are working together on key themes:
- access to support and prevention
- using data and information
- care plans
- engaging post suicide
- communications and media
The Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Suicide Prevention strategy aims to:
- raise awareness of suicide risk, promote access to support services (including those bereaved by suicide) from a wide range of sources (not just health services).
- encourage more people to talk about self-harm, suicide and the risk factors associated with suicide in order to destigmatise and encourage people to seek help when they feel it is needed.
- provide those who have a public facing role to have confidence in signposting people affected by suicidal thoughts to the services that could best help them.