See and Hear Shropshire Exhibition 2019
See and Hear Shropshire is back for the 12th year and is bigger and better than ever!
Companies, charities and local services: have you booked your stand for the next exhibition on Wednesday 15 May 2019? If you haven't already received an invitation, please contact Pauline Rose at email@example.com for a booking form
10am - 4pm, Wednesday 15 May 2019.
Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road, Harlescott, SY1 4RQ
Who should attend?
The event is free and open to everyone to try out equipment and learn more about the support on offer to help improve the quality of life for those with sensory impairment, such as hearing or sight loss. It's a great opportunity for peer support, networking, gaining knowledge and sharing information with others and is important to all. It is now the biggest event of its type in the country. In 2018 76 organisations displayed information and equipment. More than 750 people attended the event in Shrewsbury.
Entrance is free, and there will be a free dial-a-ride shuttle bus every half an hour from Shrewsbury Train Station to the Shrewsbury Sports Village, starting at 9:30am. Parking at the Sports Village site will also be free.
The 2019 programme will feature...
- The event will be opened by Julian Jackson from Vision Bridge who last year completed his Big Blind Walk from Lands End to John O Groats. Julian will also be doing a seminar for us on the day called “Connectivity With Nature”.
- Exhibitors offering information and advice, and demonstrations of the latest technology. Take a look at a list of the exhibitors attending this year’s event so far
- Our 4th annual Boccia tournament, hosted by Shropshire Disability Network, with the awards presented by National Gold Medallist Specialist Olympian Jessica Hiles
- Seminars and Workshops covering Hate Crime & Disability, Mindfulness and Tinnitus, Deafblindness and more!
- All-ability cycling organised by Shropshire RCC
- Hearing Aid Maintenance Clinic, run by Shrewsbury and Telford’s Audiology Department – Sponsored by Salop Leisure
YouTube video of the 2018 event:
We'd like to thank all visitors and exhibitors who attended the 11th See and Hear Shropshire Exhibition on Wednesday 16 May 2018. We value your feedback, which helps to shape future events.
The exhibition is planned and organised by the See and Hear Shropshire Partnership, which includes Shropshire Council’s Vision Technology and Training Shropshire and the Sensory Impairment Team, Sight Loss Shropshire, and the Guide Dogs Association.
This page will be updated regularly up to 15 May 2019 as we progress towards what we hope will be another successful event. Please check this page for updates on coverage of our popular workshops and seminars, and our ever-increasing list of exhibitors for 2019. You can also follow us on our social media accounts:
Use the hashtag #SeeHearShrop to see our latest updates on the event.
Please watch this space as we prepare for 2019's event! Thank you!