Shropshire Council


What you can do?

If you're being disturbed by noise in your area, we always recommend that you try to resolve the problem informally first, before you contact us. We find most issues can be resolved informally without the need for our involvement.

You should speak to the person making the noise and explain politely what it is that you are being troubled by, try to explain calmly how and why the issue is affecting you. You may find this difficult, but often people are unaware that they are causing a problem and will be glad to do what they can to reduce it. However, approach the matter carefully if you think the person might react angrily.

If you don't feel able to approach the person directly, consider using our template letter in the related documents section.

If you contact us we may ask if you have tried to resolve the problem yourself first by speaking to the person making the noise before we will get involved.