Shropshire Council


What can we do?

If speaking to the person making the noise hasn't resolved the problem, you can contact us to explain what the issues are and how they are affecting you. We aim to resolve issues quickly and so we will contact the person alleged to be making the noise to discuss the issues and try to agree a solution informally.

If it is not possible to reach an informal solution we may try to mediate between you and the person making the noise in order to try and resolve the issues.

We find that most issues can be resolved informally, however the council can potentially take further more formal action if it is felt necessary once other options have been explored.

There are some occasions when we can't take formal action, for example:

  • everyday noises audible due to poor sound insulation between adjoining properties
  • normal road noise
  • aircraft noise