Shropshire Council

Managing asbestos in commercial premises

Are you responsible for:

  • building or workplace management?
  • repairs and maintenance?
  • refurbishment?
  • health and safety?

The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2003 places a duty on people who own, occupy, manage or have responsibilities for non-domestic premises which may contain asbestos.

For more information, take a look at the Health and Safety Executive website.

The Asbestos (Licensing) Regulations 1983 require that work involving the most hazardous types of asbestos eg asbestos insulation board (AIBs), coating and lagging must be carried out by a licensed contractor issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).