Report an accident
Report an injury, dangerous occurrence or disease on-line, directly via the HSE website.Report it online »
The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive.
What needs to be reported
- death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises
- death or hospitalisation of a member of the public
- disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
- dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done
- an injury lasting for seven days (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.
The most common causes of accidents within Shropshire are due to manual handling operations (the moving of items either by lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing or pulling) or are as a result of a slip, trip or fall.