Apply for free school meals
If you think you're eligible, fill in this application. Please note that the giving of false information may lead to legal proceedings.Apply now »
What happens next?
- Your eligibility for government free school meals will be checked online
- If you qualify for a government free school meal under the benefit criteria, a letter will be sent to you confirming your free school meal award
- Your child's or children's school will also be informed
- Entitlement to free school meals can't be backdated
- Schools will know that your child qualifies for a universal infant's free school meal if they're in reception, year 1 or year 2.