School admission arrangements 2021/22
- Period: 11 December 2019 - 24 January 2020
- Status: Closed
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Education
- Type: Public
Shropshire Council is conducting a consultation exercise on school admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools in Shropshire for 2021/22.
The Council is simultaneously co-ordinating a consultation exercise for own admission authority schools whose governing bodies are responsible for setting their admission arrangements and who wish to make changes.
We wish to give notification that the consultation will begin on Wednesday 11 December for a period in excess of 6 weeks up until 24 January 2020. The proposed admission arrangements are laid out in the attached documents.
The only proposed change to Shropshire Council’s arrangements is a reduction in the published admission number (PAN) for St. Lawrence CE Primary School in Church Stretton from 36 to 34.
The following own admission authority schools have also proposed changes:
- St. Mary’s Bluecoat Primary School in Bridgnorth is proposing to remove faith-based criteria from their policy.
- Stottesdon Primary School is proposing the addition of children of staff as a new criterion to their policy.
- St. Martin’s School is proposing the addition of children of staff as a new criterion to their policy.
- Marches Academy Trust is proposing changes to align the policies of schools that have recently joined the Trust, namely Grange Primary, Longlands Primary, Lower Heath Primary and Shrewsbury Academy.
- Woodfield Infants, St. Georges Junior and Market Drayton Junior schools are proposing the addition of siblings at their linked infant/junior schools to their criteria.
- Lydbury North Primary and Onny Primary are proposing to remove faith-based criteria from their policies.
- Meole Brace School is proposing the addition of Shrewsbury residents whose nearest Shrewsbury secondary school is Priory School and second nearest Shrewsbury secondary school is Meole Brace School to their policy.
- Priory School is proposing to raise the category children of staff to a higher priority.
View the full details for Shropshire Council admission arrangements 2021.
- Lydbury admission policy 2021.pdf
- Marches Academy Trust Admissions Policy 2021-22.pdf
- Market Drayton Junior Admissions Policy 2021-22.pdf
- Meole Brace School Admissions Policy 2021-22.pdf
- Onny admission policy 2021.pdf
- Shropshire Council Admission Arrangements 2021 to 2022 draft for consultation.pdf
- St Georges Jnr Admission Policy 2021-22.pdf
- St Martins add staff criteria.pdf
- St Marys Bluecoat Admissions Policy 2021-2022.pdf
- Stottesdon Admissions Policy 2021.pdf
- The Priory School Admissions policy 2021-2022 proposal.pdf
- Woodfield Admission Policy 2021-22.pdf
Comments on any of the proposals should be sent in writing to arrive by 24 January 2020 to:
Learning & Skills
Shrewsbury SY2 6ND
Or by e-mail to:
Any comments received will be considered by the appropriate admissions authority.
Admission arrangements will then be considered for approval and determined before 1 March 2020.