School admission arrangements 2022/23
- Period: 11 December 2020 - 25 January 2021
- Status: Closed
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Education
- Type: Public
Shropshire Council is conducting a consultation exercise on school admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools in Shropshire for 2022/23.
The Council is simultaneously co-ordinating a consultation exercise for own admission authority schools in Shropshire whose governing bodies are responsible for setting their admission arrangements and who wish to make changes. We wish to notify all parents/carers and interested parties that the consultation will begin on Friday 11 December 2020 for a period in excess of 6 weeks up until Monday 25 January 2021. The proposed admission arrangements are laid out in the attached documents.
The only change to Shropshire Council’s arrangements is a reduction in the published admission number (PAN) for Stiperstones CE Primary School from 8 to 7 and a proposed adjustment to the designated primary school catchment areas in the west of Shrewsbury.
The following own admission authority schools have also proposed changes:
Schools that are proposing the addition of ‘children of staff’ criterion to their policy:
- Coleham Primary School
- Holy Trinity Academy, Oswestry
- Mereside Academy
- Norbury Primary School and Nursery
- The Wilfred Owen School
- Belvidere School
- Meole Brace School
- Mary Webb School & Science College
- Marches Academy Trust is proposing changes to align the policy of the school that has recently joined the Trust, namely Oakmeadow CE Primary.
- Whitchurch CE Infant and Junior schools are proposing the addition of siblings at their linked infant/junior schools to their criteria.
- Thomas Adams School are proposing an alteration to their Boarding House policy to enable them to continue to offer 5 boarding places after National Offer Day.
- Arrangements are proposed for the new primary school at Bowbrook, Shrewsbury.
The following admission authorities are not proposing changes, but they are consulting on their admission arrangements to comply with the 7-yearly requirement of the Admissions Code:
- Bishop Hooper CE Primary
- Corvedale CE Primary
- Our Lady & St Oswald's Catholic Primary
- Weston Lullingfields CE Primary
- Whittington CE Primary
View the full details for Shropshire Council admission arrangements 2022.
- Belvidere School admissions policy 2022-23.pdf
- Bishop Hooper Admissions Policy 2022-23.pdf
- Coleham draft Admisssions Policy 22-23.pdf
- Corvedale Admissions Policy 2022.pdf
- For consultation Bowbrook and West Shrewsbury Primary Catchmentsproposed Oct 2020 Changes.pdf
- Holy Trinity Admissions Policy 2022-2023.pdf
- Marches MAT Admissions Policy 2022_23.pdf
- Mary Webb School and Science College Admissions Policy 22-23.pdf
- Meole Brace School Admissions Policy 22-23.pdf
- Mereside Admissions Policy 2022-2023.pdf
- Norbury Primary School Admissions Policy 2022.pdf
- Our Lady and St Oswald Admissions policy 2022.pdf
- Proposed Bowbrook Admissions Policy 2022.pdf
- SC Draft Admission Arrangements 2022.pdf
- Thomas Adams Admissions 2022.pdf
- Weston Lullingfields Admissions policy 22 to 23.pdf
- Whitchurch CE Infant and Nusery Academy 2022.pdf
- Whitchurch CE Junior Academy 2022.pdf
- Whittington Admissions Policy 2022.pdf
- Wilfred Owen School Admissions Policy 2022.pdf
Comments on any of the proposals should be sent in writing to arrive by 25 January 2021 to:
Learning & Skills
Shrewsbury SY2 6ND
Or by e-mail to:
Any comments received will be considered by the appropriate admissions authority.
Admission arrangements will then be considered for approval and determined before 1 March 2021.